Facebook Pinterest Instagram Bloglovin' Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Thursday, September 25, 2014

ELA Curriculum - Off to Neverland!

Have you ever heard of Expeditionary Learning? If not, I'm sure you've heard of EngageNY....It's the latest curriculum craze, and a lot of Common Core states are adopting parts if not all of their curriculum.

Well, when I decided to make the jump to upper elementary, I decided I wanted to use Expeditionary Learning as our ELA curriculum. I got the OK and we haven't looked back since. I love, love, love it!
The way it has students go back into the text and really close read is amazing!!! We're on the Peter Pan unit right now and it's so fun. This week of testing has been such a bummer because we haven't gotten to have our daily 'trip to Neverland.' Did I mention I love this curriculum?

The only slight issue is that it's a jam packed curriculum that I try to squeeze into an hour block. So, I've made some PowerPoints to go along with the lessons. It's great for those kiddos who need to see things visually, and it helps me stay on point with my pacing.

I recently posted the first unit's PowerPoints on TpT and the feedback has been great so far!



I'd love to hear if any of you are using Expeditionary Learning curriculum and how it's going in your class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment